Net-a-porter.com is what makes my Mondays and Hump-days bearable. Feasting my eyes on what fabulous merchandise they have stocked on these blessed days is the source for Designer Discoveries and the ever present goal in fashion; seducing me into things I never knew I wanted or needed. Warnings for the site should advise shoppers, and especially browsers, on the potential side effects: Sudden onsets of fashion orgasms, impulse purchases of items that were once thought impossible to obtain, and the occasional shopping blackout, triggered by overwhelming salivation at the available options, an innocent glass of wine, and followed by general disorientation and irrational justifications for the numerous packages that arrive during the following week. I'm happy to say my credit card has never had to endure a Net-a-Porter shopping blackout. However, this week has been borderline, and I just had to share the options.

First, a little pit-stop.

All this month, my internship has taken me on photo shoots, it's a fashion magazine, and we took the above glove with us on numerous occasions. While waiting for hair and makeup or other tedious tasks, the stylist and I played with some of the jewelry, and I always picked up the glove and fooled around with it; mostly mocking it's Michael Jackson-esque ridiculousness. Lo and behold, it's on Net-a-Porter today and it's worth a whopping $1,170. Had I known it was that much, I probably would have been a little less dismissive, and more careful. Oops. Oh, well. Moving on.




#1 D&G Dress

This confection is super cute and functional for this humidity plaguing New York, my current location. It cute, easy to dress up or down, and it's D&G. I saw this in the boutique in Soho first, but now I know the price, it's not terrible.










#2 Oscar de la Renta flats

How fun are these? They're Parisian with a carnival twist. I don't know, perhaps its the sudden desire to have more "fun" in my wardrobe that I'd developed today when I bought a black lace dress, and dismally realized how bland practicality was making my style. Whatever the motivation, these are worth a mention and, perhaps for the sake of name dropping an American favorite, worth an investment. Decide for yourself.





#3 Vivienne Westwood Anglomania coat

This little number caught my eye in the back of Vivienne's London shop near Oxford street, kind of. I don't really remember where it was, but the coat was, of course, the only thing not on sale and sadly my pockets were rather empty by that point. Here it is again, back to entice me again, and it looks less overwhelmingly shapeless than it did on the hanger. I can say that up close, the material is divine and the large collar is just so yummy for the fall.




#4 Alice and Olivia dress

This color struck me with this one. It's a little drab with it's neckline, but the styling here makes it seem very versatile. It reminds me of the comment my roommate made when she was watching the city. She noticed that Olivia Palermo never wears low cut things, and this seemed like just the chic, pleated, "oh this little thing?" sort of dress that she would have. To, you know, just throw on for the market.




#5 Balmain Jacket



Although Balmainia has passed, it's hard to deny the striking silhouette and impeccable tailoring. Add in a pinch of military and a dash of tuxedo and you've got this guy, subdued but chic enough to transform even the lowliest of hipsters into a power Manhattanite. Note how the satin isn't wrinkling in the slightest, a downside most designers struggle with.





#6 Marni purse




If you're into the shearling trend that's cozying up to the fashion elite, this might be an easy way to join in. It's cute, neutral, and when you stop paying rent to buy it and you're sleeping on the streets, you can use it as a pillow.







#7 Etoile by Isabel Marant Coat

Who doesn't love Isabel Marant, and at reasonable prices? This tweed is just darling for the winter and it's spacious for the sweaters and extra pounds that usually accompany the wintery months. The model even has liquid leather leggings, and a Rocco bag! How on trend is she?

A few honerable mentions that are also available this week:

-Plethora of P.S. 1 bags that sold out in 24 hours (for the few that don't yet have theirs).
-The actual Rocco bag by Alexander Wang is available, I think? It might be sold out by now.
-The hot pink rabbit jacket in all the D&G ads, if you're feeling frisky.
-A tiara. The one in our opening picture. Yeah, not sure who is going to buy it, but brownie points for Net-a-Porter for going big or going home on that one.